This is the second session of a six module series, in the Grant Writing Certificate Program. This module provides an approach to telling your story to funders. How to identify the “problem” that your organization is trying to address and conveying it clearly to a funder.
- Understanding need:
- Differences between organizational and funder perspectives.
- Describing and documenting need – how do we tell the story?
- Developing Your Vision
- Identifying the Problem, and Focusing on the Solution
- What Makes You Unique?
- Why Are You Qualified?
- Designing Your Program
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Time: morning class (section 003) or an evening class (section 004).
- HBGCE0016 - 003: Morning Session: 9:00am - 11:30am - Temple University Harrisburg, 234 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg
- HBGCE0016 - 004: Evening Session: 6:00pm - 8:30pm - Temple University Harrisburg, 234 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg
Assignments: Participants will be asked to complete exercises that will assist in meeting the learning outcomes. Participants will be encouraged to complete a grant application in response to either a grantor’s Request for Proposal or their published application guidelines for a proposal. Participants will be given feedback on their proposal.
At the end of the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify key aspects of the proposed program
- Identify the target population for the proposed program
- Describe the proposed program in a clear concise overview
- Identify attributes of potential funding sources
All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to email@example.com
Cancellations received up to ten business days before the start of the first module will receive a full refund (prior to August 28, 2018). Cancellations received nine business days prior to the first day of the first module will be assessed a $50.00 processing fee (August 29 - 31, 2018). There will be no refund if cancellation is received on or after September 11, 2018.
TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education events due to low enrollment.
In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/DestinyOne once a decision to close or delay has been made. In all instances TUH will follow the University’s cancellation decisions.
Continuing Education Credit (Optional Social Work Credit):
If you are interested in receiving (SW) Continuing Education credits. Select the "TUH CE's" Option at checkout. There is no additional fee for the CE credit; however the items below must be completed.
To receive CE Credit, the following steps must be completed:
- CE Request Form completed at this link: Click Here to complete CE Request Form
- Sign in and attend entire module (all six for complete certificate program)
- Program Evaluation must be completed for each module (full name and date on eval) Click Here to complete Training Evaluation request form.
This certificate program (all 6 modules), is approved for 15 continuing education hours, three of which fulfills the ethics requirement by the state licensing board) through co-sponsorship of Temple University Harrisburg, a Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors pre-approved provider of continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Grant Writing Certificate Program : Grant Writing Certificate Program