This is the fifth of a six session series, in the Grant Writing Certificate Program.This module will review how we prove what we did was effective. Discussion will include strategies and techniques for evaluation plans in grant proposals.
In this module the focus will be:
How will we prove that what we’re doing is working?
- Partners in evaluation
Review mistakes made in grant writing
- Assuming the funder knows what your organization does and the impact you have on the community
- Discussing your organizational needs and not the needs of your target population in the needs section
- Writing goals and objectives that only measure what you do instead of the changes in the target population
- Not “spending your money” in the approach section
- Not outlining data collection sources and instruments
- Mistakes in calculating your budget request
- Not following the funder’s instructions
- Not editing
This module is available as a morning class (Section 001) or an evening class (Section 002).
- HBGCE0019 - 001: Morning Session: 9:00am - 11:30am - Jewish Community Center, 3301 North Front Street, Harrisburg,
- HBGCE0019 - 002: Evening Session: 6:00pm - 8:30pm - Temple University Harrisburg, 234 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to email@example.com
For individual module payments: cancellations received up to ten (10) business days prior to the start of the scheduled section will receive a full refund. If cancellation is received nine (9) business days prior to the first day of the start of the session there will be a $10.00 processing fee assessed, and the balance paid will be refunded. There will be no refunds if cancellation is first day or once the session has started.
For complete certificate series bundle payments: cancellations received up to ten business days before the start of the first module will receive a full refund (prior to March 27, 2018). Cancellations received nine business days prior to the first day of the first module will be assessed a $50.00 processing fee (March 28 - April 2, 2018). There will be no refunds if cancellation is the first day of session one, or after.
TUH reserves the right to cancel continuing education events due to low enrollment.
In the event of inclement weather, TUH will make every effort to cancel events with as much advance notice as possible. Notification will be sent via email/DestinyOne once a decision to close or delay has been made. In all instances TUH will follow the University’s cancellation decisions.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- List benefits of program evaluation
- Describe a framework for strengths-based assessment
- Identify a data driven approach to giving feedback
- Practice strategies for using data for increasing motivation to change
- Identify methods of monitoring and evaluating progress toward results
- Identify methods and benefits of receiving feedback
- Identify common mistakes in grant writing
Assignments: Participants will be asked to complete exercises that will assist in meeting the learning outcomes. Participants will be encouraged to complete a grant application in response to either a grantor’s Request for Proposal or their published application guidelines for a proposal. Participants will be given feedback on their proposal.
*Continuing Education Credit (Optional Social Work Credit):
If you are interested in receiving (SW) Continuing Education credits for any (or all) of the modules, select the "TUH CE's" Option at checkout. There is no additional fee for the CE credit; however the items below must be completed.
To receive CE Credit, the following steps must be completed:
- CE Request Form completed at this link: Click Here to complete CE Request Form
- Sign in and attend entire module (all six for complete certificate program)
- Program Evaluation must be completed for each module (full name and date on eval) Click Here to complete Training Evaluation request form.
*Each module has been approved for 2.5 continuing education hours (successfully completing the entire certificate program (all 6 modules), is approved for 15 continuing education hours, three of which fulfills the ethics requirement by the state licensing board) through co-sponsorship of Temple University Harrisburg, a Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors pre-approved provider of continuing education. These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.